À la recherche d’un emploi à l’extérieur du Gouvernement de la Nation Crie? Développement des Compétences Apatisiiwin affiche des possibilités d’emploi offertes à l’échelle de Eeyou Istchee.
The Prevention Program Officer is responsible for delivering all types of prevention programs such as the Stop Now and Plan Program (SNAP) for Schools model in the community elementary schools. The incumbent works closely with key stakeholders and institutions to ensure that the prevention programs are adapted to the community needs and to propose any changes in order to improve existing programs.
• In collaboration with the Manager, key stakeholders and institutions propose, design, adapt and suggest improvements on existing prevention programs for targeted demographics.
• Organize program activities and sessions in collaboration with frontline contacts, as well as administration, with any key stakeholders in the program.
• Present and deliver the prevention programs in schools or any other community places.
• Prepare session materials and deliver within the classroom or other appropriate settings depending on the program.
• For school-based programs, identify higher risk children and engage parents, teachers or other stakeholders to assist with the needs of these children including individual befriending, referral to other service providers and providing after-school programming.
• Through active community engagement, identify emerging crime or public safety issues, which may require new prevention efforts.
• Partner with youth camps and summer programs to propose prevention-related activities.
• Work closely with other community services to determine areas of needs for programming and make recommendations to the Manager of Prevention Programs.
• Establish contact with schools, community entities and other organizations to promote and advertise programs model.
• Participate in program planning meetings with other Prevention Program Officers or department staff.
• Communicate with public and stakeholders on general program enquiries locally.
• Promote within communities the value of crime prevention, early identification and intervention with high-risk children and youth by organizing activities during special community events.
• Liaise, as required, with SNAP for Schools or other model program developers, to ensure high quality program implementation.
• Ensure teachers, guardians, and other stakeholders have completed any informed consent forms for participation in programs.
• Complete standardized tests on higher risk children to determine proper case plan.
• Enter data into any department case management database.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as required.
• College diploma in Social Work or related field.
• Three to five years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working with at-risk youth populations.
• Fluency in verbal Cree.
• Fluency in English.
• Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Good knowledge and understanding of Cree culture, customs and history.
• Customer-focused and service-oriented.
• Good empathy and listening skills.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively.
• Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
• Proven organizational skills and presentation skills.
• Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
• Willingness to work irregular hours occasionally.
• Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Votre demande doit être envoyée par courriel ou par télécopieur avec le numéro de concours: JCSD-200925-2
From September 25, 2020 to October 9, 2020
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: JCSD-200925-2
Training and Development Specialist