Looking for job opportunities outside the Cree Nation Government? The Apatisiiwin Skills Development Department also posts job opportunities available across Eeyou Istchee.
The Forestry Programs Assistant is responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and reporting in regards to the Cree Trapper Enhancement Program (CTEP) and to the programming provided at the regional level. The incumbent will act in collaboration with the Forestry Programs Officer, the Cree Trappers Association (CTA) and the Forestry department of the Cree Nation Government.
• Perform Random Annual Monitoring Spot Checks on projects implemented as per section 5.3 of the Agreement Regarding Cree Traditional Activities Enhancement.
• Ensure mileage forms are filled out and filed for reference.
• Find a service provider for snow removal to ensure snow removal services are performed for the selected traplines and/or camps to enhance the access within the communities.
• Pick up tallyman to do map work or when there is an urgent matter to attend to in certain departments. Return tallymen to their respective camps after field work is completed.
• Collaborate with the CTA and the Forestry department to ensure all projects are being conducted and implemented as requested by the tallymen.
• Report regularly to the Forestry Programs Officer on the progress of various projects.
• Provide written reports and photos on your findings of the areas of complaint to the Forestry Programs Officer who will in turn file the report to Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs (MFFP), Ministère de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles (MERN) and the Cree Nation Government.
• Report any other violations that have been inflicted by any company or individual along the traplines when carrying out their activities so that these violations can be reported to MFFP, MERN and the Cree Nation Government by the Forestry Programs Officer.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as required.
• High School Diploma.
• Technical Certificate in Forestry or Environmental Studies is an asset.
• One to three years of relevant work experience.
• Fluency in verbal Cree.
• Fluency in English.
• Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Customer-focused and service-oriented.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven organizational skills.
• Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Willingness to work in both an office and outside setting for extended periods, including exposure to extreme weather conditions, loud noise, work near mechanical parts and uneven terrain.
• Willingness to work irregular hours.
• Work may require frequent low to moderate physical effort.
• Willingness to travel frequently.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: FD-200706-1
From July 27, 2020 to August 11, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: FD-200706-1